Friday, January 1, 2010

Goodbye 2009

2009 wasn't a spectacular year, yet in reflection, I conjured up a list of great things that happened.

  • I lost a total of 22 pounds.
  • Taylor started karate and ended the year with a green belt.
  • Paul appreciated the goings on of a stay-at-home parent.
  • Cyrus' communication level increased exponentially.
  • Taylor attended his first "real" rock concert...with me, of all people.
  • Paul appreciated becoming re-employed.
  • Cyrus has become 98.5% potty trained.
  • Paul joined a new band and debuted it on the last night of the year.
  • I ran my first 5K for the Susan G. Komen foundation.
  • I met and become friends with fantastic people...all thanks to the WWW.
  • Taylor learned the first lesson of responsibility and consequences with chores and allowance.
  • Taylor joined the Borman Singing Astros out of his own desire.
  • I read 39 books this year.
  • Cyrus has an artistic streak a mile and more wide, and it has flourished.
  • We all learned lessons of the importance of family and good people.
Now we put 2009 to rest and save the memories to live the adventure of 2010.

1 comment:

~Jamie said...

Sounds like a pretty awesome time to me! :)