Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Little One's Surgery Countdown

So, yea...I forgot to blog yesterday. I just got overwhelmed with things this working mother has to take care of in one day. A busy bee, that's me. Plus, the interjection of a doctor's appointment for my youngest son really threw me off course. He's going in 8 days to have strabismus surgery, and the doc just wanted to take a final look. It's a relatively easy procedure, in and out in about four hours. yet, my head still spins. All I can think about is the final episode of Everybody Loves Raymond. I don't think I could handle any of that. To refresh your memory...

Ray Barone stresses about getting his adenoids removed. Everyone assures him he'll be fine, but he believes otherwise. As it turns out, the doctors have trouble taking Ray out of anesthesia, and his family quickly gets worried, until the doctor comes out moments later to explain that he is fine. It is agreed that Ray will not be told, and neither will Marie, who was in the bathroom at the time. However, Marie gets the truth out of Frank, and Debra must explain the incident to Raymond, who is still unaware of the mishap. The ensuing discussion, which includes Robert and Amy as well, involves Ray asking, "So for 30 seconds, you all thought I might be dead?", which was followed with a smile and asking, "What did everybody do?" One by one, each Barone express their love for Ray (either subtly or noticeably). The next day, the entire family sits down at the table for breakfast. Everyone is talking and laughing, and the show ends on that note. - -Plot synopsis from Wikipedia http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Finale_(Everybody_Loves_Raymond)


I know that the probability of this happening is next to nothing, but the thought is still there. The next 8 days seem arduous and full of time-occupying activities to keep my mind in other places. The countdown begins...

2 comments:

~Jamie said...

www It will all work out, I promise!

Hugs!

Carin@MRD said...

Oh, Jamie, I know. Thanks!!